Thursday 14 March 2013

Chunky Oodle Noodle Soup

Chunky veg, quorn & noodle soup

I decided to make this soup today to warm myself up because it's very cold here today.
It was very easy to make, I just threw in all the flavours that I enjoy and chucked in some veg and noodles :) 

Ingredients:
1 Table spoon of olive oil
Half an onion diced
Handful of mixed peppers (I keep them diced in the freezer)
whole button mushrooms
Baby carrots ( I used tinned) 
1 teaspoon 3G paste( ginger, garlic and green chilli)
1 and 1/2 pints of water( add more if needed)
2 vegetable stock cubes
table spoon dark soya sauce
1 tea spoon curry powder
quorn pieces ( much as you want)
Noodles ( any ) I used fresh egg noodles but dry works just as well :)

Preparation Method:
Add oil to a large pan and heat
add onion and peppers and stir for a few minutes til tender.
Add 3G paste and quickly stir in and add carrots and whole button mushrooms.
Stir until  everything is coated and mixed nicely.
Add Quorn pieces and stir again till mixed.
Then crumble in 2 vegetable stock cubes and add 1 teas spoon of curry powder.
Add water and bring to the boil.
Now add the noodles and simmer for 5 minutes.
Enjoy in a large soup bowl :) Yummy.


No comments:

Post a Comment