Thursday 7 March 2013

Indian savoury pancakes

Savoury pancakes (Pudla)



When My brother and I were kids My mum use to make these wafer thin savoury pancakes called Pudla for us to eat as a snack with ketchup,They were made with gram flour and lightly seasoned. I haven't had them for years but after speaking to my brother on the phone last night, he told me that my sister in law Anjali had made some for him a few days ago. I thought to myself that I have to try making them myself. But I didn't make them Mum's way... oh noooooo.... these were made with a twist :) I made them half an hour ago and they were delicious :)

Ingredients:
Gram flour
salt
turmeric
3G Paste
diced onion
diced green pepper
chilli powder
black pepper
Tea spoon English Mustard ( yes you read it right lol )
Grated cheese

Preparation Method:

Add enough gram flour to make a pancake batter
Then add a teaspoon of turmeric
teaspoon of salt
teaspoon of 3G paste
black pepper
chili powder
diced green pepper and diced onions
grated cheese
teaspoon of English Mustard
add warm water to make a thick pancake batter.

Put a little oil in a frying pan and pour the batter to make pancakes.
Make sure they are cooked through.
Serve with ketchup or chili sauce.
Enjoy.
This was an experiment and it turned out delicious :) I hope you like it too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment