Wednesday 27 March 2013

Sayj's Red Hot Chili Sauce






This is my 2nd attempt to make Chili sauce, I made some yesterday but it was very acidic so I scrapped it and changed the recipe all together to make the perfect chili sauce :) I hope you like it.

Ingredients:
2 tomatoes peeled and roughly cut up.
5 cloves of garlic ( whole)
1/2 onion diced
5 Red Birdseye chilies
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons brown sugar (you can use white)
1 pinch of cumin and coriander powder.
Large pinch of dried chili flakes.
1/cup of water
1 table spoon of white vinegar.

Preparation Method:
Put all the above ingredients in a pan and boil til nearly all the liquid has been absorbed in the mixture.
Remove pan from heat and let it cool slightly before putting the mixture into the the blender.
Whizz in bursts until you get a smooth sauce adding a little water at a time and blending until you get the consistency desired. Pour back into the pan and bring to the boil for the final roasted taste.
pour cooled chili sauce into a jar or bottle ( I used an empty olive oil bottle)
Store in the fridge and use when needed )
The taste gets better in time :)
I hope you like this recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment