Thursday 26 September 2013

Peanut Butter Cups

I have wanted to try Reece's peanut butter cups for a long time, and even thought we now can buy them in the UK I decided to try them out when we went to New york.
I have to say I was quite disappointed with them> The chocolate tasted really fake ( sorry my lovely American friends but American chocolate sucks lol)  I also found the peanut butter very salty. Anyway I wasn't going to be beat so I made some myself and they are yumtastic and so very simple to make :)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup of Smooth peanut butter
2 teaspoons of icing sugar
Chocolate bar of your choice/as needed.

You will also need mini cupcake liners.
This recipe made 25 peanut butter cups.

Method and preparation:
Prepare the peanut butter filling:


Add the peanut butter and icing sugar into a bowl and mix together until blended.

Now Melt the chocolate in a bowl over boiling water. ( double boiler)


While the chocolate is melting, prepare the liners on a flat tray.

Add a tea spoon of melted chocolate in each of the liners to coat the base of them.


Now pop the tray or plate into the fridge for 5 minutes to set the chocolate.

While waiting for the chocolate to set, put the peanut butter filling in a piping bag or ziplock bag and snip off a tiny tip at the bottom. 


Pipe the peanut butter filling (as much as you like) But leave room to top the top half with more chocolate and pop the tray into the fridge for another 5 minutes.


Now top up the cake liners with more chocolate and rap the tray on a surface to get rid of as many air bubbles as you can.

Now put the finished tray into the fridge and let the chocolate set completely. I waited an hour before tasting one.


Now The chocolates are finally ready to eat :)


Peel the paper of gently ...


Enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment