Saturday 8 November 2014

Maple Butter


Maple Butter




I've seen many recipes for spiced butter and I saw a recipe I liked for spiced honey butter but the only problem was that I had no honey at home but I did have some maple syrup so I thought why not substitute the honey with that. 
The end product was soooo amazing and there's really nothing to this recipe so please give it a try.

There are no real measurements to this recipe as it depends on how much you are wanting to make.

Ingredients:
Butter or margarine of your choice
Ground cinnamon (as needed)
Ground nutmeg (as needed)
Ground ginger( as needed)
Mixed spice (optional)
Squirt or tablespoon of maple syrup

Method and preparation:

Add all the above ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Refrigerate for at least half an hour to let the flavours infuse. 

This butter can be kept up to 3 weeks in the fridge and can also be frozen for 6-9 months.

You can use this butter with many of your favourite spiced cakes or even melt it and pour over popcorn (that just came to me ;) ) even spread it on hot corn on the cob... yummyyy.

I hope you try this recipe out and enjoy it :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment